Animal Control and Dog Licenses

Any citizen with an animal control concern can file a complaint either in person or by phoning or writing the Village Office. A person with a complaint will be asked to provide information such as their name, address, telephone number, name and address of animal owner (if known) and details of the problem they are experiencing.

Your complaint will be forwarded to the Animal Control Officer for image

Please Note: Village staff treat the identity of the complainant in a confidential manner.

Animals found running at large in the municipality will be impounded and held for up to 48 hours in the municipal dog pound. Every effort is made to contact the owners of dogs apprehended within the village.

Dog Control Bylaw 831, 2004

Dog Licenses

Did you know that every dog living within the municipality must be licensed by the Village of Burns Lake? Licenses can be purchase at the Village Office for a nominal fee.

If a lost dog has been licensed, it is much easier for us to assist in finding the dog’s rightful owner.

golden-retriever-picturePlease protect your dog by purchasing a tag.

The Current Dog Tag Fee Schedule Is:

  • Neutered Male or Spayed Female – $10.00
  • Male (not neutered) – $30.00
  • Female (not spayed) – $30.00
  • Puppy under 6 months – FREE

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Village Office, 250-692-7587.


Economic Development
  • Facade Improvement Program
  • Business Licenses
  • Investment Profiles