The Village of Burns Lake continually strives to provide the citizens of our community with an exceptional level of service in relation to the maintenance of our public thoroughfares, parking lots and pedestrian corridors during the winter months.
The clearing of municipal roads, streets, sidewalks, public parking lots and public open spaces by our public works department (under normal circumstances) will be undertaken in the following order of importance:
1. Hospital transportation corridor – Lorne Street from Highway #16 to 8th Avenue, 8th Avenue from Lorne Street to Centre Street and Center Street from 8th Avenue to the Hospital.
2. Major municipal roadways: 8th Avenue, 9th Avenue, 5th Avenue, Center Street, Hill Street, Carroll Street, 1st Avenue, 3rd Avenue and the 5th Avenue/9th Avenue connector.
3. Other municipal streets with significant road grades. Completion of 1st Avenue, 2nd Avenue, 3rd Avenue, and 4th Avenue (between Highway #16 and Center Street).
4. Downtown public parking lots.
5. Remaining municipal local streets and lanes.
6. Public sidewalks in business corridor.
7. Other public open space, as time and resources permit.